Simple Bell Pepper Salad Recipe
Bell peppers are colorful to the eyes, friendly to the tongue and their calorie content is good for the body. Among the few sweet varieties from the genus Capsicum, bell peppers come in different shapes, shades and sizes. The most common ones are red, green, yellow and orange varieties.
In my experience, the red, orange, yellow, white and purple bell peppers (sweet bell peppers) are excellent for salads (but not limited to) whereas the green ones add a fantastic flavor to a selected range of stews. Overall, their crunchy texture and popping colors add a twist to recipes thereby explaining their active use in cuisines from all over world.
For this simple bell pepper salad recipe, I combined a few ingredients that are readily available in an ordinary kitchen. Everything about it from the flavor to the taste and versatility is incredible. It is great for dinner alongside the main meal.
Also, remember to use fresh ingredients for best taste. Lastly, you can refrigerate the leftovers for a few hours.
Bell Pepper Salad Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Chopping board
- 2 medium-sized red bell peppers
- 2 medium-sized orange bell peppers
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- ¼ cup assorted herbs (cilantro, mint, basil, thyme)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Wash the bell peppers and cut the top section to remove seeds. Divide each pepper into half and slice all the halves into thin strips.Transfer the slices to a bowl and mix well. Chop the herbs thinly and set aside.
- Mince garlic cloves and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and lemon juice. Transfer chopped herbs and minced garlic into the bowl. Add a pinch of black pepper and mix well.
- Pour the dressing on the peppers and toss well. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Let the salad sit for a few minutes before serving. This provides the herbs with ample time to release their favors.